Friday, July 6, 2007

Finding a Moment for Myself

by Lisa at Niihaus
Posted on July 6, 2007


Yesterday it rained. It rained all day. But, not the usual Texas rain with thunder and lightning and high winds. It just rained. Straight down, falling drops of rain.

The Foreigner had gone, The Boy was gone, both The Girl and The Baby were gone. I was alone. In my own home. ALONE! Like that ever happens. And I stood there looking out at the rain falling. It fell into the pool and it looked inviting.

I still had my white nightgown on. I walked away from the window and I made myself some waffles, played a round of tanks on the Wii, but I found myself continuing to be drawn to the window. I thought to myself, “If it stops soon I won’t go out there.” But it didn’t stop. The soft rain just continued to come down in blinding sheets of wetness. Read more...

No comments: